Mission Projects and Service Opportunities

The Dutch Neck congregation supports a number of local, national and global ministries throughout the year.

CROP WALK – Church World Service: April

An inter-denominational effort to raise money to stop hunger. 25% of the money is donated to local communities. The other 75% is distributed by Church World Service for relief of hunger around the world.

FOOTPRINTS WALK – The Crisis Ministry: April

A walk sponsored by the Crisis Ministry of Trenton and designed to raise money to relieve hunger and homelessness in the Trenton area.

LOCAL MISSION PROJECT – Habitat for Humanity: Summer

Members serve for a week with Trenton Area Habitat for Humanity. Members assist in building homes in Trenton.

VOLUNTEER DAYS AT CRISIS MINISTRY: Fall, Spring and Summer

A group of Dutch Neck members travel to Crisis Ministry in Trenton to deliver food to senior and/or disabled individuals or work in the agency’s food store.

VOLUNTEER DAYS AT TRENTON AREA SOUP KITCHEN: Monthly

A group of Dutch Neck members serve food at the Trenton Area Soup Kitchen once a month.

WORLD SEWING: Monthly

Local Dutch Neck group that meets on first Tuesday of the month and sews, knits, makes afghans and other items for hospitals, mission projects, etc.

 

Special Offerings:

One Great Hour of Sharing

A Presbyterian Offering collected at Easter which is divided into three equal parts supporting Disaster Assistance, Hunger Programs and Self-Development of People.

Peacemaking Offering

A Presbyterian Offering collected in October which supports peacemaking efforts of the Church on a local, regional and international basis. Examples include combating domestic violence, clean up of land mines and support of international peace initiatives.

Christmas Joy Offering

A special Presbyterian Offering providing support to the Board of Pensions and for support of Presbyterian racial and ethnic schools and colleges.

SOUPER Bowl

Collected on Super Bowl Sunday by the youth of Dutch Neck to help relieve hunger.

 

Supported Organizations

  • Crisis Ministry
  • G.E.T. Program
  • Habitat for Humanity
  • Mission at the Eastward
  • Rutgers Protestant Chaplaincy
  • Trenton Area Campus Ministry
  • Trenton Children’s Chorus
  • Trenton Area Soup Kitchen
  • Westminster Foundation at Princeton University Chaplaincy